Monday, January 4, 2010

Berkeley Bowl Potato Section! Wow!






I finally have a day off today! So, for a fun little outing, my boyfriend and I decided to stop by the new Berkeley Bowl to do a little food shopping. It has been awhile since we've been to either of the Bowls, because of their locations and our lack of a car, we thought it would be a nice stop in our otherwise errand-laden afternoon. It was definitely well worth it! I went straight to the potato section in the produce department, and my goodness! I have never seen so many varieties of potatoes under one roof! There are so many different colors and sizes, my head was reeling just thinking about what I can make with them!

In the end, we just picked up a few food items and had a nice snack at the Berkeley Bowl cafe. Next time I get inspired, I'll know exactly where to go for some exotic potatoes!

Read on for more pictures!


Here are some very exotic looking produce: cactus leaves, and chayotes...




...very yummy Clam Chowder with large chunks of red potatoes...



...and delicious Mac and Cheese with Crab and side salad...



...definitely worthy of my day off! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment