Saturday, January 2, 2010

Ham and Eggs Hash





It's been awhile since I've had eggs and potatoes for breakfast (weird!), so I decided to make some this morning. Since I just woke up, I'm pretty lazy about lingering in the kitchen for too long to cook, so my version of this ham and eggs hash pretty much cook itself, well, kind of. Anyway, here it is:


1 medium-size potato, diced 1/4"
1/4 cup of diced ham
2 Tbsp olive oil
3 Eggs
salt and pepper to taste
parsley to garnish


1. Heat oil over medium heat in a pan, add diced potatoes in one even layer, season with salt, then cover with lid.


2. Every 5 minutes or so, shake the pan and flip the potatoes, make sure all sides are cooked evenly.


3. After 10-12 minutes, add the diced ham, mix well with potatoes, and continue to cook with the lid on.


4. After a couple of minutes, make a well in the ham and potato mixture, and crack the eggs into the well, then replace the lid.


5. At this point, it depends on how you would like to have your eggs, just keep an eye on it until it's cooked to your liking.


6. Lastly, garnish with a little parsley, season with salt and pepper, and voila! Easy and delicious breakfast!

3 comments:

  1. That looks very nice. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so inspired by this! I am making this as I type, just waiting for my eggs to cook :) Thanks so much for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks amazing! cannot wait to cook one up

    ReplyDelete