Friday, January 8, 2010

Junk Food Fridays - Fast Food Mashed Potatoes



As much as I love homemade food and amazing restaurant dishes, one of my (many) secret pleasures are processed potato products, namely from popular fast food chains. I don't usually frequent these establishments, especially now that I'm older and trying to eat healthier, but sometimes, the deep-fried aroma that wafts out from these buildings is just so hard to resist!

Exactly what happened the other day when I was on the way home from a little thrift shopping! As I walked past Church's Chicken, the delicious smell came rolling out at me, and I had to stop. I bought a 3-piece dark meat combo meal with mash potatoes and gravy, and I must admit, I'm a sucker for fast food mash potatoes. Something about the mushy, smooth, and slightly elastic consistency that makes me crave more after a have a bite. Not to mention the gravy! Hmmm...I'm getting hungry for more of that mash just thinking about it...




Read on if you want to find out the nutritional value of this meal...(which only took me 10 minutes to eat!)




Church's 3-piece Dark Meat Combo Meal (according to company website)

Original Wing  (1)   Calories 300g
                              Protein 27g
                              Fat 19g
                              Trans Fat 3g
                              Sodium 540mg

Original  Leg  (1)   Calories 110g
                             Protein 10g
                             Fat 6g
                             Trans Fat 1g
                             Sodium 280mg

Original Thigh (1)  Calories 330g
                             Protein  21g
                             Fat 23g
                             Trans Fat 3g
                             Sodium 680mg

Regular Mashed Potatoes & Gravy (6oz.)    Calories 70g
                                                                   Protein 2g
                                                                   Fat 2g
                                                                   Trans Fat 0g
                                                                   Sodium 480mg

Regular Coke (22oz.)  Calories 202g

I didn't eat the biscuit, but its calories are 190g

Hmm...I consume 1012g calories...and lots of sodium...think I need start thinking about conquering that tasty and finger-licking delicious smell...

No comments:

Post a Comment